NEW! Hotel information
It is time to book your hotel for GECON 2017 as Biarritz can still be a very busy destination in september. There are many hotels near the conference location with a large variety of price. Check on the Internet, with some booking platforms such as booking.com or hotel.com for a hotel list with their availability.
Conference Aim and Scope
GECON solicits contributions that are interdisciplinary, combining business and economic aspects with engineering and computer-science related themes. Contributions to this conference can include extensions to existing technologies, successful deployment of technologies, economic analyses, analyses of technology adoptions, and theoretical models. We welcome papers that combine micro- and macro-economic principles with resource management strategies in computer science and engineering. Case studies, which demonstrate practical use of economic strategies, benefits and limitations, are particularly encouraged. The purpose of this event is to gather original work and build a strong multidisciplinary community in this increasingly important area of a future information and knowledge economy.
- Abstract Submission Deadline: June 1st, 2017
- Paper Submission Deadline: June 7th , 2017 June 15th , 2017
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: July 1st, 2017 July 10th, 2017
- Camera Ready Deadline: July 10th, 2017 July 17th, 2017
Topics of interest
Advances in distributed systems technology have allowed for the provisioning of IT services on an unprecedented scale and with increasing flexibility. As a global market for infrastructure, platforms and software services emerges, the need to understand and deal with these implications and multitude of new challenges is quickly growing.
General topics of interest at GECON 2017 include:
- Software service platforms and networked systems
- Analysis of software industry and cloud computing industry
- Market mechanisms, auctions models, and bidding languages
- Decision support for service selection and procurement
- Revenue and energy-aware resource management
- Pricing schemes, service level agreements (SLAs), and revenue models
- Open source ecosystems
- Economically efficient resource allocation, scheduling, and capacity planning
- Automated trading and bidding support tools
- Incentive design, strategic behavior & game theory
- Development of sustainable infrastructures
- Desktop grids, volunteer computing and crowd-sourcing
- Metering, accounting, and billing
- Business models and strategies for SMEs
- Service value chains and value networks
- Trust, reputation, security, and risk management
- Negotiation, enforcement and monitoring of service level agreements
- Reports and analysis on operational markets and test-beds
- Economics of big data, software, services, service composition, and selection
- Performance monitoring and prediction
- Community networks, social network systems, and resource sharing models
- Techno-economic analysis
- Smart grids, smart cities, smart buildings, energy aware infrastructures and services
- Standardization, interoperability, and legal aspects
- Cost modeling, cost-benefit analysis
- IaaS, SaaS, PaaS
- Economic modeling of networks, systems, software, and data
- Federation of resources
- Services Science
- Clouds & Services for Internet-of-Things
The call of papers of GECON 2017 can be found here
Proceedings and Previous Editions
GECON 2017 follows the very successful previous editions GECON conferences, where high-quality technical papers have been presented. As in the previous conferences,
- Accepted papers will be published in the proceedings that are published by Springer LNCS
- Extended versions of up to 10 accepted papers in the Computer Science field will be invited for publication in a special issue of the Elsevier Journal of Future Generation Computer Systems.
- For papers targeting mainly business and economic aspects within the conference, a special issue of the Springer Electronic Markets Journal with up to 5 papers is foreseen.
Visit the submission page for more information on the publication and reviewing process.